Thursday, February 28, 2008

Nagpur trip

Well well well. I suddenly realize that I've reached my mid-twenties and haven't achieved anything substantial in life.(just the little things like an engg degree and a cushy job.) Damn, my butt's getting softer sitting on that chair all day long. Thank God, I make it a point to go regularly for my early morning runs; that reminds me, I've got to learn swimming this summer(don't know if I will ever get the chance again in my life.
Coming to the Point, I'd been to Nagpur last week. Nice place with very good infrastructure and less population. People are generally smarter than Puneites, they have a habit of taking a good look at you as you walk past by; certainly the smarter race I'd say. Nagpur happpens to be a nice clean place, people generally have a better standard of living than their counterparts in urban India. Land is cheaper, the air is cleaner, and the traffic is just perfect. If not for the scorching sun in the afternoon, Nagpur could easily be the favorite destination for people seeking new opportunities (esp. youngsters who prefer anonymity and the freedom to exercise their choices away from authoritative relatives and old bosses; not that the new bosses would be any different, but freedom from the old villains certainly help :):) ).
Nagpur's railway station happens to be a heritage structure in itself, rickwallas; like their counterparts elsewhere, immediately recognise outsiders and charge "outsider rates". {will complete this blog later; too sleepy now)

No comments: